Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11,219 Posts
A very large gun dealer with several stores recently got his license in jeopardy because of logging errors in transferring guns between stores. All the guns were accounted for with some difficulty during an audit. Different methods of logging the inventory received and transferred done by the store managers.

The owner of these stores has never had a problem with audits of individual gun sales. Just different methods by different stores made it difficult for the auditors. He is trying to keep his license and has spent a fortune in federal court trying to persuade the court that he is an honest dealer that knows where every gun went. Agreed, he has made corections by training his managers after the fact. He may not prevail though he can prove where every gun went to. It was procedural errors that did it.

All it takes is a minor irritant for your FFL to be in jeopardy. There were too many procedural errors in the case of the FFL that sold the stolen gun. I definitely would not want to be in his shoes when the BATF comes calling. White out on a transaction-no way. Proper procedures not followed when the first gun was returned. None of the standard transaction requirements followed when the second gun was transferred. Receiving and selling a stolen gun, something the local authorities will be called upon to handle. I agree with Brad and Clyde, et al. This guy could be up that well known tributary without a paddle.

It is amazing what some people will do to help a family member from going to the slam. This was absolutely the most foolish matter I have heard of lately.

That is what I think. What do you think?

· Registered
11,219 Posts
10-4.

+1 for this post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.