Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Was curious to know if their really is a big surge in interest to bring the 16 back? I really like my new 1100 Classic Field. Can't wait to quail hunt with it in Oct. I guess alot of people stick with the traditional 12 or 20. I also have two 12 gauges and a 20. But I believe I am really going to like the 16 for mainly birds. [email protected]

G

·
Hey birdbuster-what are you gaining, except the *****? you are carrying the weight of a 12 ga., but only have the availability of the smaller number , and types of 16 ga shells if you can find them. I fail to see any advantage, other than sentiment.

·
Registered
20,524 Posts
This EXACT same topic was discussed at length on this site just a few days ago. Do a little searching and I'm sure you can find it. There were many views and opinions expressed on this very subject.

Welcome to Shotgunworld.

G

·
There is a big difference between support, and noise. There is a lot of NOISE about the 16 ga., but look around any gun shop for a 16 ***** shotgun. You will be lucky to find 5% of the guns in 16ga. There is nothing wrong with them, but the same reasons for it's demise are true today, as in the '60's. The recent NOISE, is just a bump in the chart. The same applies to ammunition.
Just imagine you are a manufacturer. Try to justify investing millions of dollars to tool up for the 16 ga. your board will have your head!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.