Shotgun Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
I never remove them and I have never had one break.

And I do have some of the newer, "tight" ones.

Neither do I use bottle supports.

So much for those and most of the rest of the theory's!

·
Premium Member
3,299 Posts
Skeet_Man said:
There is absolutely NO reason to use a baffle on the shot side.
I concur. I think sometimes people just like gadgets to play with.

jugchoke said:
I never remove them and I have never had one break.

And I do have some of the newer, "tight" ones.

Neither do I use bottle supports.

So much for those and most of the rest of the theory's!
Not sure if you're supporting or opposing the theory that the new red plastic baffles have a problem but it seems from all the firsthand accounts that something is definitely awry. I have been using the red plastic units purchased about 9-10 years ago without issue (I have also always used bottle supports) but there have been way too many reports from longtime members here of the new units breaking. I'm a believer that where there is smoke, there's fire so something is definitely going on.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
There is likely something wrong, but so far all the "fixes" mentioned don't appear
to be the answer.

·
Registered
12,360 Posts
One poster even mentioned that different bottles, fit differently, so it isn't even
clear just where the problem actually lies as yet.

Just purchased 6 new bottles, from 3 different sources, so will be checking how they
fit in the scheme of things.

·
Registered
566 Posts
One poster even mentioned that different bottles, fit differently, so it isn't even
clear just where the problem actually lies as yet.
That was me. I've had the same bottles since (geez) 1978 and finally broke the powder bottle trying to unscrew it from the red baffle. I just got the baffle 2 months ago and had to remove it because the bottle wouldn't fit in its designated storage space. The replacement, from Ballistic Products screwed on like it was made for it.
Let us know how your 6 new bottles fare.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.