Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you are aware I am a newbie to the hobby of reloading.

Finally received my refurbished Sizemaster back from MEC at the end of last week and finished building up my reloading bench last night.

I started with the red AAHS hulls I have and deprimed about 25 of them before I retired for the night.

It seemed that the primers were pretty tight and almost every hull has a very small bulge or dome if you will around the primer pocket...is this normal and will it return to flat when I press in the new primers?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Viper, Have a look at the link here which takes you to an exploded view of your Sizemaster. Is the primer drop tube, part number 66, installed on your Sizemaster? Not having this installed is what usually causes severe bulging around the primer pocket. It is not uncommon for once fired hulls to offer some resistance to removing primers.

http://www.mecreloaders.com/Order/SizemasterPartsList.asp

Dan

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bingo! I didn't have that tube installed in the collet...it is still in the extra parts bag...I am such a moron.

Good thing I only deprimed a small amount and hopefully I can still use the ones with the tiny bulge...I will inspect one after seating a new primer to see if it presses back okay.

Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Viper, Don't feel too bad. The only reason I knew what the problem might be is I once did the same thing myself. Were I you I would run the deprimed shells through the resizer again before pressing in new primers. This will help to bring them back into shape. It worked for me on the 100 or so that I bulged.

Dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.