Shotgun Forum banner

**Is this the best shotgun/rifle tactical light for the $**

19K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  sjohnny 
#1 ·
Is this the best shotgun/rifle tactical light for the least amount of money?

Pelican-M6

A CNC machined aluminum flashlight powered by two CR123 lithium cells. The M6 features a focusable high-pressure xenon lamp, actuated by a tail-cap switch that provided constant-on or momentary action. Lithium cells provide excellent cold weather performance and have a shelf life of ten years.

http://store.yahoo.com/botach/pelicanm6.html

http://store.yahoo.com/botach/pem6prsw.html

http://store.yahoo.com/botach/fobflasmoun.html

Pelican-M6
$36.00

Pelican M6 Pressure Switch
$15.00

Fobus Flashlight Mount
$25.00

total=$76.00

I think this is the best solution for the least amount of money. If there is a better solution please post on this board. Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
a member here on the board recently purchased a light and amount, more specificaly philkuu, my brother in law. he purchased a 119.3 lumen 2 cell xenon light complete with an alumminum case, nylon holster, & 4 colored light filters all for about $25 through cheaper than dirt. he purchased a magazine tube clamp and attached it upside down with it holding the light below the mag tube. the clamp was around $8.

i know he is completely happy with his, & he is able to easily activate the light while maintaining a grip on the foreend.

i don't know if it is something you would want to check out or not, but you migth be able to save some money.

#3 ·
After reading Stinger9142 and Philkuu's endorsement of the CTD Xenon setup, I just ordered one myself for the 870.

:) :wink: 8)

#5 ·
Here you go:

Rule One: If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure as heck not picking anything up.

Rule Two: You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off of my daughter's body, I will remove them.

Rule Three: I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don't take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, In order to assure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric staple gun and fasten your trousers securely in place around your waist.

Rule Four: I'm sure you've been told that in today's world, sex without utilizing a "barrier method" of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: when it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I WILL kill you.

Rule Five: In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is "early."

Rule Six: I have no doubt you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make YOU cry.

Rule Seven: As you stand in my front hallway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process which can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don't you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?

Rule Eight: The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places lacking parents, policemen, or nuns. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tank tops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her chin. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay. Hockey games are okay.

:) :wink: 8)

#7 ·
Just an update: I do in fact completely attest to the fact that I am very happy with the 2 cell Xenon light I got from cheaperthandirt.com... HOWEVER, I recently bought a second barrel clamp to hold the light EXTRA secure, because while firing at the range last weekend, the recoil was sliding the light ever so slightly forward with each shot until the base was all that was holding it, so I removed it. I think most likely that I just didn't have the original ONE mount tight enough, but I wanted to make absolutely SURE that it didn't move again, so I used two of them together, and tightened both very securely. From what I can tell, it doesn't appear that it has much chance of moving now. Overall though- this has been a very good way to get a great quality light on my shotgun, at very little expense when compared to getting a Surefire, which I'd have to buy a special bulb for anyway to get the 120 lumens that I already have with this one for just $25.00...
Just thought you might like to hear a testimonial about it first hand. ;)

#12 ·
charliehawkman said:
I really like this because it is water resistant, Tough/impact resistant, Long battery life, Bright, Easy battery change, Lightweight, Great beam.
Dude I think that is the longest necropost rezombification EVAR.
You win ten algore internets points.
ETA: I'd prefer waterPROOF, LED, and that other stuff. Rather not have to screw around with focusing lamp modules.

#13 ·
Two pieces of advice:
#1. Incandescent lamps contain filaments that are relatively susceptible to shock from shotgun recoil, even with the shock-buffering systems used in higher end units like Surefires. That's why even Surefire offers and recommends a plug to swap in for the light on their dedictated forends for use during heavy training use. LEDs are much more shock resistance. Just make certain you test/confirm that incandescent lamps are still functioning when you put your SG up from a day at the range or training.
#2. BotachTactical purchase transactions are even more susceptible to unexpected/unwanted outcomes and/or failures...

#16 ·
sjohnny said:
GDubya said:
BotachTactical purchase transactions are even more susceptible to unexpected/unwanted outcomes and/or failures...
Usually not until your second and subsequent orders though. That's the pattern I've seen in other folks' reports.
Baiting...

#19 ·
m24shooter said:
charliehawkman said:
I really like this because it is water resistant, Tough/impact resistant, Long battery life, Bright, Easy battery change, Lightweight, Great beam.
Dude I think that is the longest necropost rezombification EVAR.
You win ten algore internets points.
:lol:

I read the whole damn thing, and kept saying to myself "who are these guys and why I have I never seen them before if they've been here so long?

:shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.