Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in another Thread and asked if $15 was to much to pay for Winchester Bismuth,and didn't get a reply so I will ask in here

I found a Little Country Store about 10 Miles from my House,and he is selling Winchester Bismuth,and it is a 1 & 5/8 Oz of #2 Shot and MAX Drams and 3" in 12 Gauge
He is selling them for $15 for a Box of 10
I am using Winchester High Velocity 3" Shells with BB shot and
Black Cloud in 3" BB and I Like the Black Cloud Shells,,but I didn't Run across the Bismuth until AFTER I bought 4 Boxes of the Winchester High Velocity in BB and #2 Shot and the Single Box of Black Cloud Shells in BB
So are the Winchester Bismuth 3" Shells,in #2 Shot WORTH the
$15 for a Box of 10 Shells ? if that is a GOOD Price,I was planning on buying the LAST 8 Boxes that he has,,if the Bismuth ISN"T worth $15 a Box,then I will just shoot the Winchester 3" Mags
AND 1 More Question I have heard People say that if you are shooting Steel with a Modified Choke,,then it is like shooting lead in a FULL CHOKE ? IF this is true,,should I shoot a FULL,,Modified or Improved Cylinder Choke Tube for Geese Flying at 40-55 Yards High using the BISMUTH Shells ???
And I know that you can ONLY shoot Steel Shot through Choke Tubes that are marked: for Steel Shot,, so is BISMUTH Like Lead Shot,and you can shoot BISMUTH Shot through ANY CHOKE TUBE ?
Any and ALL Help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED !
Thank You Very Much
Ohiyesa

·
Registered
207 Posts
$15 per box is an excellent price for bismuth. Bismuth normally patterns very close to lead. It is also soft like lead, which is a lot easier on the teeth if you bite into one. I would use the full choke for the ranges you describe.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a small supply that I use exclusively in a cheap fixed choke single shot that specifically says in the manual DO NOT USE STEEL SHOT!!! It does say that Bismuth is okay and should be treated like lead. I'm not sure on the chokes, but it seems to work okay in the fixed modified choke this gun has.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts