Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine wants to buy Winchester Supreme O/U. It is made in Belgium by FN Hersetal. Is this gun any good. How much should he pay for it. The gun is 99.5 % condition. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I bought mine new in 2002 for $899.00 when they were changing over to lighter barrels. I am a retired gunsmith and took mine apart to take a look and it is built very well. You may not know but FN owns both Browning and Winchester and still builds the Browning Superposed. They just don't build junk. I have close to 40,000 rds. through mine now and still like new, BUT, I keep mine well lubed with Moly paste. Take care of it and he will pass it on.

Dave

·
Registered
512 Posts
I bought a Select Platinum Sporting in '07 which I think is basically the same gun you're looking at. At the time I purchased mine the MSRP was $2600 and I got it for $1500 so I thought I got a good deal. I use mine for Trap, Skeet, and Sporting Clays and love it. I agree with Dave Clark in terms of quality. I've owned several Citoris and IMO the quality is comperable to the Browning.

The problem with these guns is how long will they be around. It seems like every year Winchester tweaks the line and does something different. They've since discontinued the more expensive Select line (the gun I purchased) and have gone to 101's only. I took a chance because I thought the price was right and I live 20 minutes away from the Winchester / Browning service center in Arnold, MO. My gun has has about 4000 rounds through it and so far, so good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.