Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of buying a few shotguns before I have to go back to the
states.
I was wandering which of the Italian shotguns would you buy.

1. The first gun I plan to get is something for everyday hunting a pump or a auto. nothing real fancy :!: , synthetic :?: , for duck, quail, and squirrel max price of $600 or so

2. The other one that I thinking of is a nice one of a over and
under. max price of $1500

If you know of any good Italian deer rifle companies let me know the only firearms that I see here and at the gun shop is pistols and shotguns.

Plus I planning of getting two Beretta pistols in stainless on 9mm and a .40cal mainly waiting on the exchange rate to get better so what you yall get.

Can't wait to get back to the states to go hunting and get my guns back.
--
Carl A. Walters Jr

·
Registered
161 Posts
Carl,

Can you get it cheaper there? For instance lets say the MSRP for a given gun here in the states is $2,000. How much would it cost if you were to buy it there?

If you can get pretty good bang for the buck, look at the the big 3, Perazzi and Beretta for doubles, and Benelli and Beretta for pump/auto.

Of course if I were in your shoes, I would shop around for a sweet Beretta Silverhawk SXS. Around here they list for around $2,500. I'd be curious as to how much you can pick one up for.

Good shopping (man am I jealous).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
trying to narrow down my choices,

not sure if the prices are better yet, only been to one of the local gun shops, my italian not that great
that is one of the things I going to check on if I can get the same gun in the states. if it is cheaper in the states I will wait

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the Over and Under, I think you should check on the Beretta Onix and the Whitewing. It wouldn´t be a bad idea to check the Verona 692. They are all sold on the US for $1400 or so.

Please let me know what you think about the Verona.

On semiauto I suggest the Beretta Al 391, it´s about $800 but I´ve heard very nice things abut it.

Good Luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to find information on the Verona, couldn't do you have any idea where I can find it online. :?:
most of what I've seen about the whitewing is that it kicks like a mule. :cry:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bubba:
I was recently in Germany for a year, and planned to bring home a Rottweil O/U as a memento, but shelved the plan because of several factors: 1) BATF has to approve your import prior to shipment or carrying your arms back, approval leadtime is six weeks, and you have to file their paperwork (completed correctly, of course) by mail in hard copy form 2) arms prices in Germany were actually a little higher than equivalents in the US, possibly because we buy so many here that importers get better economies of scale, and 3) *THE KICKER* US Customs was going to sock me for something like 11% duty on the import. I'm not saying that you shouldn't go for it, just educate yourself before you buy to avoid any nasty surprises. Check www.atf.treas.gov for specifics. Personally, I called them directly to get the straight poop from a live person, as their website didn't specifically answer all of my questions.

I completely understand about getting back to your own gunsafe. I was fortunate enough to be able to shoot regularly at a nice Jagdparcous, but it's just not the same without your own iron.

Good Luck,
John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the information I knew about the 11% bs, when I go I will take of only 10% of the price to get the total of what it will cost me, the bummer down here in Italy is that you have to ship them at the same time that you buy them. sofa doesn't allow POF, here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, and then there's shipping, FFL transfer fees in the US, etc. I just couldn't make the numbers add up. Costs might be worth it if you get a nice discount on a super-premium like a Perazzi or a Kreighoff, but for a mid-line gun (Beretta, Benelli) I found that you could get the equivalent in the states for less $$. I'd guess it's the same for Italy- also being in the EU- but keep us posted, as I'm interested if there is a difference between the countries.
John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Benelli is making an autoloading rifle called the R1, in 30'06, and 300 win mag. Beretta makes a bolt action rifle that I think is called the Mato or Meto. I remember it means bear in Italian.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Checkout the Franchi Line of guns...I recently purchased the Franchi 612 autoloader and I really like this gun so far. It is gas and recoil operated with the recoil spring and gas piston in the forearm, the gas piston is selectable between light loads and heavy loads(3" magnum shells). It is the easiest gun I have seen to clean...you can take it down, clean it, and have it back together in 20 minutes. I have patterned the gun and it is dead on the money. It cycles everything I have ran thru it without a single hiccup...from 7/8oz loads to 3" magnum turkey loads. I know time will tell but so far I cannot say enough great things about the gun. It has excellent balance and comes with shims to adjust cast and drop.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beretta now owns Sako, and Tikka, both fine, accurate rifles, but I don't know if you can get them in Italy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The verona is a sweet gun I have the lx502 they are made by FAIR....BC outdoors is the distibuter.....I shot about 300 rounds from this gun..shoots nice I have seen a 692 they are sweet. only one problem...BC outdoors is the worst company to deal with...rarly return emails...and try to get them on the phone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts