Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this mint shape model 37 skb shotgun with a bird barrel and would like to know which slug barrel would fit on it.I have the serial numbers which are s7324357.Thank you.Actually i did some research i think it's a model 51 or xl 900 as it has etching and a gold trigger but it's a semi but on the barrel it says model 37

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like a xl 900. I realize now that the barrel on the gun is from a 37.Not sure how to crop a photo on here.But as i've read in the past couple hours it looks like their all compatible.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
ithacanut said:
It is also confusing to me. The M-37, M51 and M-XL900 barrels ARE NOT interchangeable.
Yes, not even with using a BIG hammer :wink: .

The M37 has interupted threads that tie into the receiver, the M51 and XL900 barrels have an extension that slipps into the front of the receiver.

The M37 has a barrel lug, not a barrel ring like the XL900 has, the M51 has provision for the gas system, the M37 barrel doesn't.

It would be like trying to bolt a Ford transmission up to a GM engine.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yes, not even with using a BIG hammer
And I can doubly confirm that,as I have a Model 37 and a 1900... :lol:

A possible explaination for the 37 is that SKB have marketed the semi to other companies to sell under their labels,could possibly be a reason for it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.