Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a model 600 Ithaca/skb o/u, but I cant find any info on this certain gun because of the 32" barrel. It is a 12g with fixed chokes, ser# starts with "s" and has silver finish except for barrel. Any info is greatly app.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
I've never seen a 32" barreled one, what is it choked. If F/F I would guess a trap gun but it's probably not choked that way.

The guns vary widely in their value. I would say in great (99%) condition $900 and in good condition $600 (90%).

·
Registered
370 Posts
rockkayak said:
Thanks for the info, I searched all over the net and could not find one in a 32" length, not really sure what it is chocked, but at least I have somewhere to start.
rk,
All my SKB/Ithacas have their chokes stamped on the RH side of the barrels, you'll have to remove the forearm and have a look just under the fwd part of the ejector arm. I have what I believe is a European trap model, no markings whatsoever on the barrels as to manufacturer or country of origin. 30" barrels stamped "FULL" & "IMPM" with a wide rib, nicely silver finish engraved with the long trigger tang and oval forearm nuts that match an Ithaca 600 that I have, although the engraving pattern is different. Serial # prefix is CM, 722 7xx.
I shoot it very well and don't mind the weight at all.Never seen one either with 32" barrels, and would love to get my hands on a 32" version. PM me please if you decide to pass on the gun, I'm interested.
Cheers,
R*2

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Rrussell,

I have an SKB/Ithaca 100 that I set up for cowboy action shooting. I bought it used, and much like the gun you mentioned, it has no mfg. name, model number, country of origin, etc. Someone had mentioned that it could be a European model. It's obviously a model 100 from the way it looks. Does anyone know more about this lack of markings on these guns?

Dirtfarmer

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have a model 600 SKB that has 30 inch barrels. The serial number is CM 644XX. The only markings on the barrel are the serial number(which has a small stamp SKB above it) and the chokes-full on one side and Xmod on the other. The gun has a silver receiver with very nice engraving.

I purchased the gun from my supervisor in the early 70's. He was a lefty (fortunately) like me and he had a beautiful, grade 4 Circassian (spelling?) walnut stock with monte-carlo cheekpiece, custom-made for the gun.

I'm almost embarrassed to say I paid $300 for the gun!

I wouldn't sell it for any amount.

Copterdrvr

·
Registered
370 Posts
Gents,
Interesting to hear that I'm not alone with a unmarked gun. Like copter's, mine's a match for an Ithaca 600 with 26" barrels and the barrels will even interchange. With some minor carefull fitting I'd have a two barrel set. What is also interesting is the difference in the engraving patterns between the two. Floral scroll work that at first glance looks the same untill one checks the patterns. I'd like to find out what the various serial # prefixes indicate.
Cheers,
R*2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts