Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a great older Ithaca model 37. its for sale and the seller does not know much about guns but says his father probably last used the gun 35 years or more ago.

It is marked Model 37 R Deluxe Featherweight. Absolutely gorgeous wood. the nicest i have ever held in my hand. Bluing only shows wear from the pump action. no sign of wear otherwise. wood has one or two small marks. the gun was used but very well cared for. Serial # 806xxx-2. could you give me a ball park on value.

thanks

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Here the bluebook, on most guns here lately it's been a bit low when placed aginst actual sales this may or may not be the case in this instance.

. Mfg. 1937-67.
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
Plain stock $295 $200 $175 $145 $130 $110 $90
Checkered stock $335 $245 $200 $175 $165 $145 $120

Add 20% for 16 or 20 ga.

G

·
The 37R is a great gun, solid rib and reliable.

The book values the gent listed before me are correct but do not forget that they did not make many of the R or S models with the really nice wood. A figured stock on Ebay will bring in the excess of $125 alone. These older guns had excellent wood and shoot the same as a new model.

The Blue Book is a great guide to follow. I choose to look at guns another way. Am I going to buy this gun to shoot or look at. If you are going to buy it to look at, use the book for a value. If you are buying it to shoot then you need to look at the cost and quality of a new one as opposed to the used one.

CB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.