Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an "old" Ithaca Remington shotgun with the letters KK on the barrel and a serial # on the butt of the gun. How would I go about identifying it and getting an estimated value? (p.s. as you can probably tell, I don't know much about guns) Thanks!

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Ithaca Remington? I've never heard of a joint venture between these two companies..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for answering :D

That is what the dealer told my husband when he bought it? (@1985) - the gun was made just before Ithaca/Remington split. He thinks it was made in the 60's.

Is it the serial # or the letters on the barrel that are used to id? The emblem on the butt says "Remington UMC" and letters "KN" "FULL" on the left side of the barrel and a circled REP on the right side of the barrel.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
http://www.remington.com/aboutus/corphistory.htm

The only Ithaca Remington connection I know of is : Remington Arms purchased certain assets of the former Ithaca Gun Company, including their 10 gauge autoloader. They re-engineered the gun and introduced the SP-10 to the Remington product line in 1989

but to further the ID process, is the gun a pump, semi-auto, over /under , single shot or what?

What ***** is it?

no other writing on it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a slide, 12 *****, has an opening on bottom to put in (approx 4) slugs and a lock on side that closes. In trying to ID it, I read somewhere that the letters on the side would represent the year and month of manufacture. Is that true? Thanks again!

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Yes that is true May of 66 although 22 is a possibility since the N repeated itself.

odds are it's an 870

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to the Remington website and it looks like the newer 870s. Thanks for all of your help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts