Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finalized a deal for a lot of four Ithaca Rifles. Three are Ithaca LSA-55 models and one is a Model X5-C. The LSA-55's were made by Tikka of Finland and imported by Ithaca from 1969 - 1977. These are chambered for 25-06, 30-06, and .308 Win. Each has a Bofors Barrel. Bofors made barrels for Sako prior to their Garcia era. The receivers are marked "LSA-55" and the barrels read:

Ithaca Gun Co., Inc., Ithaca, NY
Made in Finland

Bofors Barrel Steel

The Model X5-C is a semi-auto .22 with a 7-shot magazine. I have been told that these were available from the late-50's through the early-60's. I do not know if Ithaca manufactured these themselves or just marketed them under the Ithaca name? Possibly made by Marlin?

Any additionaly information about Ithaca Rifles would be greatly appreciated...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
For years I have wanted an Ithaca Model 49R .22 lever action repeater.Could have bought one many years ago when they were available new.Did not get one and have been sorry about this ever since.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I had the chance the other day to see one of the Ithica model 72 saddle guns and at the same time a new Henry 22 lever gun. The Ithica was made by ERMA years ago. Someone said the Henry was a copy or continuation and they were right on. There are some differences, but the design looks to be about the same. I still have my Ithica model 49 single shot

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Tulsey, years ago I had a.22 Ithaca Model 72 .It was made in West Germany.Do you happen to know where the Henry .22's are made.

How do you like your single shot Ithaca Model 49?I have a friend who has one and is quite fond of it.

By the time I got around to buying a Model 49R they had stopped making them.Bought the Model 72 which replaced the Model 49R.Was not that fond of the Model 72 and sold it.Still would like to have a Model 49R.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts