Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
REVISED - 4/26/03After further inspection of my recently acquired piece, I realized that I had not provided the correct serial number.Again, It is an Ithaca double in excellent condition, with serial number #298xxx (rather than #398xxx).Any info. with regards to age/value would be appreciated.Thanks! Edited by: UNC Fever at: 4/26/03 3:01:16 pm

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
from the number I take it to be a Flues Model circa 1918 the rest is the same....Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60% 50% 40% 30% 20% 10% $1,225 $1,000 $800 $600 $550 $500 $450 $415 $380 $350 $325 $315 Edited by: MarlandS at: 4/26/03 3:27:45 pm

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response!FYI - just a bit of history re: this piece:This shotgun originally belonged to my wife's great-uncle (given to him by his father as a youth). He was an avid hunter that was tragically killed as a young man in a car crash in 1951.The gun was passed on to my wife's grandfather and was eventually given to her uncle when he became of age. He kept this piece as a valued part of his extensive gun collection - even going with him on travels to Africa and other parts of the world. When he permanently relocated overseas in the late 80's, it was left behind in the states. It was stored at that time in her grandmother's attic, and eventually forgotten about over the years.With her grandmother now well into her eighties and in failing health, the gun was recently re-discovered as we cleaned out her home in preparation for re-sale.We are extremely proud to possess such a family heirloom and plan on eventually displaying the piece in a prominent location in our home.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
That's a neat story. It always adds a bit of flavor to an otherwise beautiful gun to have a story behind it. Now all you need are some period pieces of accesories, like a vintage shell box, maybe an old hunting licence , duck call or something all in an individual glass case and you'll have a top flight conversation piece.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts