Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to hear opinions and advice regarding the Ithaca Shotguns.....particularly the Model 37 pump...vs other pump shotguns.Your comments will be appreciated!!Sandflyin Savannah, GA

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love my Model 37... The one I have was made in 1966, I shot it the other day without a single malfunction.There are many things to be said about the Model 37, but I feel the most important feature of this gun is the fact that it ejects the shell from the bottom of the action. What is so great about this? Well, the most important reason is that firearms are generally handed down, loaned out, etc. The fact that the shell is ejected from the bottom means that a left-handed shooter can use it without getting hit in the face by the spent shell. :rollin --Wing

·
Registered
3 Posts
I should have mentioned that I have a Mossberg 835 Ulti-mag as well. The Mossberg I bought for shooting steel shot, as the Ithicas old barrel is apparently not safe for it. The Mossberg is a good gun, but the smoothness of action, look's etc. cannot compare to that of the 37 Feaatherlite's. My 37 has the ribbed pump forearm on it. The safety is straightforward, bottom ejection is great. Never had a shell jam, or misfire. It is also easy to load, one shot at a time for trap shooting, and quick and smooth enough for the doubles.

G

·
I love the model 37 because you can hold the trigger down and pump the slide for continuous shooting and can fire off all your shells in about 3 seconds.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I love the Ithaca 37

I love the Ultra featherlights in the 16 and 20 gauge for upland and the regular featherlight in 12 gauge for ducks.

The 870 wingmaster is a nice gun but for upland the Ithaca is so much lighter and the action is so smooth.

for waterfowl I like the 870 wm and Ithaca both great but the Ithaca has a smoother action

The new Ithacs do not multi fire which I like since it is safer.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I have a pair of 870-'s and an older Ithaca 37. There's just nooooo comparison when it comes to fit and finish. I like the 870's. But I LOVE the ITHACA:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.