Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently given a Ithaca side by side shotgun with the serial # 217114. Other markings include: 711, PATD, LLH and a bird dog on point (both sides). Can anyone provide any information on the shotgun (year, model and value).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I checked the shotgun again and there is no other markings except for the serial number stamped several times on the inside of the reciever and barrel

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I'm sorry, I had a brain fade on the Nitro Special,that's a Lefever.. yours should be a 1912 Flues model

You should be able to find the grade on the Water table to help determine value better but it would seem that unless it's a higher grade gun the value should fall between $600 and $900

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got one with the serial about 30,000 higher and had finally decided a few years ago that it is a Flues model. Now that I have read one of your contributer's message I might just look on the water table for a grade stamp. The value of this keeps climbing. Wouldn't think of selling mine! It is my first and is a beauty in 20G.

·
Registered
61 Posts
A Fluesie! I've got one too! a good one, 2067xx, a 1911, 12 Ga, good++ shape, with solid steel barrels. They're well known for their balance and handling, perhaps onea "THE BEST" balanced and handeling ever made (maybe). I still use mine and the balance sure does put current shotguns to shame - their real nice to handle in the field. I like that 6-$900, but if ya throw out an offer like that a WHOLE lot are going to pop up outa the woodwork. About the only problem is they were/still are a good gun, lots made and LOTS still in service... $900, i'd be tempted, I got a good en, make an offer...

See, there's three of em right here, I think i'm just gonna keep mine in good shape and service till she's 100 years old. I think as they prove to give full Century of service they'll start getting the respect (and price) they deserve. They are a GOOD, maybe GREAT shotgun!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts