Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this board. I found an Ithaca skb model 100 20 gauge side by side for $875 dollars. It is NRA certified to be in excellent condition. Would this be a good gun for pheasant, quail,doves.I appreciate any help 8)

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I agree with Birdbrained--the Ithaca/SKB's I've seen and handled have been quite tasty :) I'm an Ithaca fan though, so it may be bias. Older Ithacas in good shape are tastier yet!

Jeff23

·
Registered
541 Posts
I agree it is a good gun, and would be great for upland hunting. Just not for $875. Tops would be $650. I would only pay as high as $600 for a 98% or better. Look around Gunbroker, type in Ithaca and you will see most in the $400-$600 range. Personally I would look for a model 200E for a upland gun.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Personally I would look for a model 200E for a upland gun.
Funny you should say that. I just picked up a model 200E for $500. A few dings in the stock here and there but over all I would says 90-95%.

Mechanically it's perfect.

My question is this

Doesn't the "E" in 200E stand for english ... as in english style stock?

I thought maybe someone had mixed parts together, but all the serial numbers match on the gun.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, It was a great buy on a great gun. I was just curious as to what this pistol grip stock is doing on a gun designated E.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I can see where you would get that but it stands for "ejector". The model 200 just had extractors. Your 200E has ejectors. Most models if it has an E in the name stands for ejector.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
The description in the Blue book of gun values says

Model 200E (english) similar to new model 200 except has straight grip stock.

It also says the both the model 200 had and the new production model 200 both had ejectors as well ...

Oh well, guess ill stay puzzled a while longer.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Well I have no clue then. Because I have seen the 200E with the pistol grip too. :? I was so sure I was right too. :(

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Model 100 was the cheapest model. It had extractors not ejectors as mentioned. It did not have the beaver forearm but a splinter type. I purchase the model 100 new in the early 70's for $179. Lost it to my ex in a divorce settlement.

G

·
I have a model 200e with the pistol grip, i really don't know much more about it besides i won't get rid of it. great gun!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.