Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently looking for home defense shotgun.i like ithaca for it lightweaght and i read a lot about how well they are made, i saw at the auction for around 400 model37,20"barrel used w/ extended mag ..i also read about how good the 870 for HD,i like the police model 18" barrell.i check the price around 450 here in fl.your help would be much appreciated thank you.these will be my first shotgun. ihave AR15 colt M4..

·
Registered
20,505 Posts
Those prices sound a little high. I think you can get a good HD gun for less than that. A Mossberg Persuader sells for about $250 and it should work just fine for HD use.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Ya, I agree with Ulysses, especially if you buy a good used gun. (I stress "good"). The thing with an HD shotgun is to practice with it alot so you are like a robot when it comes to working the safety, sliding the pump, and calmly drawing down on your target. This stuff is way more important then the brand of shotgun. Be cool and deliberate, hurry up slowly, and you will take your man out like a pro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.