Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find an "Ithaca" web site? Is it still Ithica, or are they owned by a parent company? Thanks

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
They're gone. Kaput. Belly up. Out of bidness.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No kidding!!! Didnt they just come up with the "DeerSlayer III"?? Wasnt that only like 2-3 years ago?

·
Registered
6,841 Posts
Yup, no kidding. They locked the doors sometime in June or July. Not surprising really. They've gone under at least 3 times in the last 20 years. The 37 was/is a very good pump gun, but it's still a pump gun, and the only product they had. :(

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, that is a good point about the 37 being the only product they had. The 37 is a superb shotgun but, a little diversity in their lineup would have helped them survive.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Too bad the model 37 is not a model of a bigger company product line. Somebody like Marlin or Savage or even Colt who could make the 37 along their other products and not have to pay all the overhead just from sales of one model. The 37 has a following, but not large enough to sustain a company by inself. Years ago Ithica made 22 rifles, the Mag 10 and and either made or imported some autoloading shotguns. Who knows, maybe Remington can see a market and would take over the 37 like they did the old Mag 10 to come out with their SP-10....Could see it now promoted by Remington as bringing the design back home since the 37 came from an early Remington pump design. The 37 in its police configuration would be a great fit for Smith and Wesson if they wanted back in the long gun market, Hope someone picks up the design.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I live about 7 or 8 miles from the Ithaca plant. I go by on occasion just to see if there is any activity. So far,, none.. It looks like they are going to stay out of business unless someone buys out the bank loans etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There was a bunch of stuff on ebay last week from a seller that said he got it all at the liquidation auction on Nov. 29th. It was sad to see, knowing they won't be back again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
T-Bird, I saw those auctions. I'm hoping that's only surplus crap that was auctioned and the key stuff is still around so the company can start up again.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well I agree with you that most of it was crap and scrap. I hope they come back. It would be a shame to see an institution like that go away. We can only hope.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
The last I heard Ithaca was using their equipment for collateral at the bank. It is possible that the bank might put it up for auction to repay part of the loan. I have visited the King Ferry plant on occasion and a lot of their equipment was older than me LOL. I hesitate to try and look in the windows at the "new" plant for obvious reasons.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts