Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at an open barrel j c higgins 12 gauge over/under ( marlin model 90 ) for $375.
It looks to be in excellent condition-the bores are mirror smooth and bright and it locks up like a vault.I just don't know anything about them. any input will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I owned and shot a Marlin Model 90 many years ago. Never had any problems with it.
They are decent fixed-choke "utility/hunting" shotguns, and can usually be purchased for less than $500.

Remember they are all 50+ years old. It is unlikely you will need any repairs parts; but such parts can be hard to locate.

gold40

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your responses. I'm picking up the gun later this week from my local dealer. It's a jc higgins model 103.350. 12ga with 28" open barrels, full and modified choke. can't wait to shoot it and try it out on pheasants and turkey this season

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sears used the trade name JC Higgins after WWII (Ranger prior to WWII). Post the letter prefix in the serial number if you are interested in knowing what year your gun was made.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts