Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just aquired my great grandfathers shotgun and was wondering if anyone knew any info about it. Here is what I know.

JC Higgins
Says Model 101.7 next to name but says 311A on the underside of the same piece. Says Sears, Roebuck & Company. It is a 12 gauge double barrell... Any estimted value and if it is a good gun would be appreciated.

Thank you

MarlandS
Master Archivist
(4/27/03 7:38:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: JC Higgins - Help Please
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The original brand and model of this gun is Stevens 311A.

In it's original form (before the J.C. higgins brand was put on it) it would bring approx $800 fo NIB condition , EXC would bring $400 , V.G. $350 Good $300 Fair $250 and Poor $200 BUT when it was rebranded it knocked the vaue down approx 25%.

G

·
MarlandS said:
I just aquired my great grandfathers shotgun and was wondering if anyone knew any info about it. Here is what I know.

JC Higgins
Says Model 101.7 next to name but says 311A on the underside of the same piece. Says Sears, Roebuck & Company. It is a 12 gauge double barrell... Any estimted value and if it is a good gun would be appreciated.

Thank you

MarlandS
Master Archivist
(4/27/03 7:38:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: JC Higgins - Help Please
The original brand and model of this gun is Stevens 311A.

In it's original form (before the J.C. higgins brand was put on it) it would bring approx $800 fo NIB condition , EXC would bring $400 , V.G. $350 Good $300 Fair $250 and Poor $200 BUT when it was rebranded it knocked the vaue down approx 25%.
m ihave a question.
I have a jc higgins model 20 12ga. the sereil number is 583.200 do you know about when this gun was made?

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 583.200 isn't a serial number, it's the roll mark for ID for Sears (J.C.Higgins) it crossreferences to a High Standard model 20 with a production date near 2/21/55 . I believe this to be the date shipped to Sears, so the actual production would be within a few weeks of that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts