Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad bought this gun and he just wants to know how old it is, I think I have all the information from it.

Dread Naught
J. Stevens Arms & Tool Company
Chicopee Falls, Mass. USA

and there was a serial number I gues... YZ623

Does anyone have any information on this arm? Any info would be nice. Thannks :D

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
kountryboy88, AHNH just didn't type it all in, the J Stevens is part of the two options he posted above.

Dreadnaught shotguns were made by Stevens from 1911 to 1936 So, if yours has the Arms and Tool on it, then it's probably between 1911 and 1916 or '20 as this date has been debated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you know where i could find parts for my 12' 1915 Stevens?

I'd appreciate your reply

ZAK
San Diego
[email protected]

MarlandS said:
kountryboy88, AHNH just didn't type it all in, the J Stevens is part of the two options he posted above.

Dreadnaught shotguns were made by Stevens from 1911 to 1936 So, if yours has the Arms and Tool on it, then it's probably between 1911 and 1916 or '20 as this date has been debated.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I think there's a 10% off coupon on the back of this page, just turn your computer around. ;)

I love seeing those old ads, thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know a bit about guns, but not shotguns. Honestly I don't know anything about shotguns.

In other words, if I ask stupid questions it is because I am ignorant and stupid!

A friend who is a classic car nut bought a 1910 Life "Auto Number" Magazine and thought that I would like the ad. Of course I did and wanted to share.

Thanks,
Tom Eaker

·
Registered
2 Posts
CHECK THE BARREL FOR A MODEL DATE MINE HAS "1929 MODEL" STAMPED JUST FORWARD OF THE BREAK. RECEIVER IS MARKED J. STEVENS ARMS COMPANY.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.