Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a well used 500a that has a spent shell in the chamber and two rounds still in it. The action is jammed about halfway through the cycle. Anybody have any idea on how to safely unjam this weapon?

·
Registered
7,497 Posts
If it were me the first thing I would do would be to take out the two rounds in the magazine. There is a little tab that you can push down just at the edge of the magazine that will let the shells inside slide out.

I don't know about getting the spent shell out of the chamber.

John

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'd agree that the first thing (for safety) is get the live rounds out if you can. Second, try removing the barrel. With the action halfway back, the barrel should come out easily. With the barrel out, you may be better able to remove the jammed shell.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
If you were shooting reloads, you probably shot a shell that wasn't resized prior to chambering. First thing I would do is get a wooden dowel and place it down the barrel to see if I could dislodge that shell.

My suggestion is based upon your post, I'm assuming your unable to remove the barrel and the shells in the tube.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.