Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20,521 Posts
I don't have any recipes, but I would assume that you smoke it for a long time on very low heat. I fixed some jerky this way about 20 years ago in the kitchen oven on low heat with the oven door left open. It worked, but that jerky was hard as a rock. I used a commercially pre-packaged jerky seasoning.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Kyle I dont give my secrets out unless we are sharing a camp fire. The smoker will make the best jurkey.. I make Terioky, Pepper, and a salt brine. All three are great just depends on what you want. Do you have an upright or a barrel smoker? It really does not matter that much just watch the heat in the upright. Wood chips give that extra flavor, kickory, oak, most any hard wood will do. If you get some Mesquet use it sparingly... do a search on the net and you will find lots of great recipes....

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I have a smoker but use a hotplate, pan of wood, and a refrigerator pasteboard box to make my jerky. Put the meat on wooden dowels poked throught the box (box will hold a ton of meat). Stick in a thermometer (one with a shaft so ***** is outside box). Crank hotplate up and get temp to 150. Sit back and let jerky do its thing. When finished put up hotplate, wood pan, dowels, and throw away refrigerator box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.