Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,270 Posts
My best friend is a Retired Senior Chief, E-8 he now works for a Defense company training at Class A School okay he makes much more than he did in the military plus gets a good retirement check. How is he cheaper now? Yes the military can do the job, and can do it for what we are paying contractors. I see it every day, I could give you example after example. I am nearing the end of my military career and plan to work for a defense contractor as soon as I can find one in my field with a job where I want to live.

It used to be that military people would retire and go into civil service now they jump ship and work for contractors.

The is a conventional wisdom that says Contractors can do it better faster cheaper has become obsilite in fact our Depot Level Aircraft facility is drawing down contractors and hiring civil service technicians (who are the same people) because defense contractors are not cost effective. PM me and we can discuss it in detail if you would like.

Defense Contracts are now written by contractors, for contractors and the government gets screwed. I will go this a stem further if we had the government procurement methods of today in place during the second world war we would have lost.

The biggest problem I see is the consolidation in the industry. To few competitors.

So you see no differance between a man with an M-4 and a man with a spatula?

· Registered
1,270 Posts
Remeber the Red Ball Express what if we had contracted that out? Yes the military has shown it can do the job. Maybe we would have won the Second World War faster if we had contracted it supply and logistics? Going cheap is why we have not won the war! for Christ Sake, you win a war with overwelming force not screwing around trying to fight on the CHEAP.

I could tell you about weapon systems that do not work because contractors place profits ahead of national security.

You may be a contractor for all I know we have a disagreement it depends on what side of the fence your on.

a man carrying a weapon in a combat zone is a legal or illegal combatant would you agree? If he is not in uniform what kind of combatant is he?

A man carrying a spatula in a combat zone could not be described as an illegal combatant or even a combatant.

A mercenary, as defined in article 1 of the present Convention, who participates directly in hostilities or in a concerted act of violence, as the case may be, commits an offence for the purposes of the Convention."

I AM DONE WITH THIS THREAD I HAVE MY OPINION AND YOU HAVE YOURS YOU ARE NO GOING TO CHANGE MY MIND AND I AM NOT GOING TO CHANGE YOURS. I respect your opinion and ask you to at least understand my position even if you do not agree with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.