Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
502 Posts
I think it was a pretty good intro, especially given that European viewers of TGS probably have had little opportunity to see a Kolar.

He commented on the fit being off for him. Hopefully the next time Jonny gets to run one, it's a better fit and a pattern board is available for setting the comb.

· Registered
87 Posts
I also noticed he mentioned things like "shoots high" and "feels chunky." I wish he had mentioned that they offer lower ribs and the newer round body action that I think might have modified some of those opinions. I look forward to a return visit with a more in-depth look and hopefully some factory insights the way he has for European makers.

· Registered
123 Posts
I test fired several Kolars at their National Shooting Complex facilities and liked their feel & handling. They had a weird "clanging" after each shot. The salesperson said it was due to Kolar being a mechanical firing gun. It shot well & I broke everything I shot at with it. Still I bought another Perazzi.

· Registered
38 Posts
I test fired several Kolars at their National Shooting Complex facilities and liked their feel & handling. They had a weird "clanging" after each shot. The salesperson said it was due to Kolar being a mechanical firing gun. It shot well & I broke everything I shot at with it. Still I bought another Perazzi.
I noticed that clanging too when I demoed them at nationals in 2021. I couldn’t get over that. I’m pretty confident it wasn’t the triggers. I think its harmonics in the barrels. Next time I’m in the market (if ever) I’ll give them another chance. Lifetime warranty is so appealing. Especially since the side ribs coming loose on my perazzi. Currently shooting a ProStar, and plan to continue doing so. Perazzi balance with barrels that don’t fall apart 😎

· Registered
410 Posts
So Johnny was on Justin's podcast and he talks about how different the targets are in Us vs Uk.
Enough to make a difference. UK targets are faster, Uk guns are a little lighter to shoot them.

· Registered
61 Posts
Yes, Kohler engines/generators is a division of the same Kohler company that makes plumbing and bath products among other things. My father grew up near Kohler, WI and went to high school with Herb Kohler, the former CEO, who passed away recently.
If you get a chance to go to Kohler, WI, it is worth the time to go to their plumbing showroom. Also, their story is an all American immigrant (legal!) success story. Great company.

· Registered
6,519 Posts
I noticed that clanging too when I demoed them at nationals in 2021. I couldn’t get over that.
I've been shooting Kolar since 2011, and I never really herd the clanging. It might be from the adjustable floating rib. I have a lot of hearing loss, so no surprise I might not hear it. I switched mid-season last year to a fixed flat rib, and I still don't hear anything clanging.

But the excuse that it's because it's a mechanical gun....who comes up with that? Was it actually, Kolar, or Elite, that was allowing you to demo the gun? I'd bet Elite. Would love to know the sales person's name! I know most of them.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts