Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a browning BPS stalker 12 ga today. I really like it, although I haven't got to shoot it yet. It will handle up to 3 1/2" shells, back-bored barrel, came with 3 chokes, wrench, and a lock. All for $429 plus a $75 rebate.
I looked at a 1300, Nova, and the BPS, and I liked the BRS better because it shoots 3 1/2"s, the 1300 don't (although I doubt I will ever need 3 1/2's) and me being a turkey hunter, the Nova's forearm seemed like it wanted to rattle.

Can some owners give me some input on their BPS guns???

I was a little worried about the ejection of fired shells. It looks like if you hold the forearm down too far and block the notch cut into the forearm with your hand, then a shell won't eject because your hand would be in the way.

G

·
If you look at dixiedawgs link above, "SOMEONE TALK ME OUT OF A BPS", I said that I had the same problem. The ejected shells kept hitting my left hand. I sold it to my buddy, and he had the same problem.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I had one and sold it. It would jam with magnum shells and was very heavy.

G

·
I own one and am left handed so its one of the only choices I had in a pump (except the new 870LH which wasnt out yet). I laways had problems with the shells jamming on my hand. I also own a rem. 870 and the 870 is a hell of a lot easier to clean. bring it back if you can and get something that ejects out the side. also if you dont think you will ever use the 3 1/2" shells just get a 3" it will save you some length and weight.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've got a 20 ga BPS the I bought for my wife :wink: She loves it, as do I. I have never had the problem you desribe but it may be due to the shells for the 20 ga being only 3 inch. You may just have to "think" about how you need to hold the forarm to keep from blocking the ejection port. Try holding the forearm with your index finger pointed parrellel to the barrel gripping the forearm with your other three fingers and thumb. This will roll your hand a little to the side and may help keep from blocking the port. Also you'll find doing this makes you "point" the shotgun more. I am right handed and always point my laft index finger done the side of the forearm be it with a pump , auto or O/U. After you get use to it, you'll see it does help you point the shotgun better. Let me know if this helps.

APEXDUCK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts