Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just got my PAL Licenses in Canada (Restricted IE Pistols, short shotguns, M16's, AR-15's) Which also holds for long guns, as well. I found a decent deal on an old Remington rifle, but I'm still thinking about a Remington SPR 453 Semi Auto shotgun. This has probably been asked before, but what are the main problems with this shotgun? I've just heard they over pack them with grease. What's your opinions? Thanks, KP.

·
Registered
11,366 Posts
I suggest that you buy the 453 and read the manual. The main problem with new gun owners and their guns is that they don't do what the book says. I don't have a 453, but would not hesitate to buy one if I neded another gun. Just break it in by the book. Then you won't be back here in a week whining that the gun ain't working right.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got my SPR 453 and have put about 125 rounds through it. It's not pretty, the fit and finish aren't high end but it works well. If you don't need something to show off with and only want something that shoots well, is reliable and easy to clean it's the gun for you.

Definatly read about breaking it in and don't change the gas adjustment until you do!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Kevman

If you like the feel of the gun and it is within your price range... buy it, you will not regret it. Let us know how you make out. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.