Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well almost anyways! Went to my FFL to do the paperwork, he is going to hold the gun for 10 agonizing days to meet California's requirement.

I did get to put her together, took some heavy aluminum Azoom snap caps along, trigger pull is sweet. Those ejectors, they work, almost to well, ejected my heavy Azoom snap caps across the room, almost hit the FFL's computer monitor..scared the crap outta me. The azooms weigh almost as much as a loaded shell, figured they would raise but not eject...wrong!

Going to have to find a way to disable those puppies, im an extractor kinda guy..

Fit and finish is outstanding...I found the gun to be very light for the size, used to lugging around my heavier Traditions O/U..

Bob

·
Registered
20,519 Posts
Congrats on the nice gun, Bob. :D :D Rather than disable the ejectors, just learn to put your hand over the breech end of the gun when you break it open after shooting. In a short while, you will do it automatically, and the gun will deposit the empties into your palm.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ulysses, thats my preferred option, but tried that over at the FFL's and the barrel wouldn't drop, still to tight. Hopefully after a few weekends at the club it will loosen up a little.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bobshouse: Not trying to insult you , but remember that those snap caps only fly out if the trigger has been pulled... which we both realize is the whole reason for the caps! But with unfired shells, they will just raise up for you to pluck them out of those pretty little chambers and put them away! :lol:
I hope you enjoy your new gun as much as I enjoy mine. It has really grown on me and feels like an extension of my arms. It is really a joy to shoot. I'm just SO glad that here where I live, we have no waiting period for gun purchases.
Enjoy that new gun!

Manitou

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just read on another site that Browning has changed their Cynergy line. Something to do with the stocks being to high. Anyone know anything about this? It always happens...as soon as you buy something, they make a change...

Bob

·
Registered
826 Posts
IF YOU GOT ONE WITH THE NEW TITANIUM CHOKES IT IS THE NEW STOCK DESIGN, BUT FROM WHAT I GATHERED FOR THE DEALER THAT TRY ARE TOYING AROUND WITH A MORE CONVENTIONAL STYLE LIKE THE THE CITORI HAVE, GO FIGURE THAT ONE , TOO MUCH WINEING I GUESS :roll:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bobshouse: I think you may have read an old post or received some old news. I believe the change to the Cynergy stocks was last year ('04). Apparently, the comb was a bit high and a lot of people disliked it, so Browning started manufacturing them with a lower one. You'll also hear about the initial problems with the trigger/safety in the first models. Browning did a recall and remedied this also... many of which were repaired before being sold out of the gunshops to the consumer. You can find information about these issues in the older posts.

Yes, I've heard some rumors of a "less technical style" of Cynergy via forums, but have seen no reputable hard facts. Could be just speculation, but then again, who knows? I can see where Browning could manufacture a more traditional-looking O/U with the reverse strikers and the improved hinge system and come up with a winner... time will tell, I guess. :roll:

Manitou

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Manitou, you might be right, mine was manufactured after the recall and doesnt have the safety problem. Wait...TITANIUM chokes? When did they start coming out with Titanium Chokes? Mine only has the regular invector plus chokes! Dang it...why in the heck do they come out with all these fancy upgrades after I buy mine?

So now Im out of the new stock and stuck with low grade chokes...next you will be telling me that they started chroming the chambers...that will be the straw that breaks the camel's back! :p

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found out a little more information. Seems Browning redesigned the gun a little because the stock was to high on the originals (Series 1). They redesigned the gun (Series 2) and corrected the problem.

Now I need to find out how to tell if you have a series 1 or 2, and when did they start manufacturing the series 2.

Went to their website, and of course there are no cynergies listed on the serial number look up. Nothing mentioned about series 1 vs 2 anywhere on the site. Their offices are closed for the weekend. If they are using the same serialization system as the Citori's, my gun was made in 04. When in 04? I have no idea.

Bob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Bob: I think you may be worried about a mute issue. I believe you would have to look long and hard to come up with the original stock design. I have not, on any of the sites I've visited, encountered anyone who purchased the "old" style Cynergy stock recently this year. Not to say there can't be one floating around out there somewhere, but I think the chances are slim. It seems that this was nipped in the bud early on.
(Saw your post on another site, but elected to respond here instead of registering there!)
I think I read at one time that the difference in comb height between the old and new is something like 1/16". Not a huge difference, but it can sure make a gun feel different in the recoil dept.
Hopefully, you get that "bad boy" in your hands and have the opportunity to shoot it soon to deminish some of your concern. Then too, maybe you can get through to Browning on Monday and get your questions cleared up.
Manitou

·
Registered
2 Posts
:D Good choice with the Cynergy. I have owned mine for about 4 months and close to 3000 rounds. It is one of the best shouldering guns that I have owned or shot for that matter. I love it. I am shooting more 25's and it started on the very first round. Welcome to the Cynergy world.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have one of the series one Cynergys. I bought a used one from a buddy who thought he wanted one to shoot sporting. It had about 200 rounds through it. I like the higher comb, but that's just me. He sent it back and got the recall done and the new softer pad which I like a lot. The wood is awsome, even more so since I re-finshed it with Tru-Oil. He also had Briley tune the triggers to 3.5 pounds and WOW! what a shooter!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Contacted Browning about the rumors. They said there is no Series 1 or 2 out there, but they are redesigning the Cynergy for 2006. They are going to offer the cynergy with stocks simular to the 525 model. The current configured Cynergies will still be offered.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Bobshouse said:
Contacted Browning about the rumors. They said there is no Series 1 or 2 out there, but they are redesigning the Cynergy for 2006. They are going to offer the cynergy with stocks simular to the 525 model. The current configured Cynergies will still be offered.
Browning really needs to tell it's Sales Reps, there are no Series 1 and Series 2 Cynergy's.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wouldn't doubt if thats the way they are trying to distinguish the recall model from the non-recalled model.

Only thing I was concerned with with a redesign..which we are getting in the way of the stock change to 525 style...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.