Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved down in Hattiesburg and don't know where to start hunting wise. One, because it's a new area and two I've never really been hunting before.

What do I do?

· Registered
1,413 Posts
What happened? Did you get run out of Fairfax County? I'm surprised you have any guns left to hunt with.

I fear for your neighbors.

Bruce

· Registered
3,014 Posts
First thing in order. Take the Mississippi Hunter Education Course.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I already got hunter's ed up in VA, but just just need to know that what parts of the state give you the best results. I like to hunt all types of game all year-round, but right now I need to know what is best part of the state to get good stags.

· Registered
3,014 Posts
SicSemper said:
I already got hunter's ed up in VA, but just just need to know that what parts of the state give you the best results. I like to hunt all types of game all year-round, but right now I need to know what is best part of the state to get good stags.
You might want to check with the Mississippi DNR & see if they recognize Virginia's hunters ed. course. Even if they do... you might want to take Mississippi's, some of your questions might be answered in the course. Plus it's always good to take a refreasher course.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
brucestorey said:
WARNING

Watch Out, Mississippi. This is your new neighbor!
Don't see what the problem is about holding an unload shotgun in a picture while smiling. Am I doing something not safe, am I handling the shotgun in a reckless manner. I don't see what is wrong with taking a picture of holding a brand new firearm?

· Registered
1,413 Posts
I never said there was anything wrong with what you're doing in the picture. I just thought I would post a "nicer" picture of you, instead of the mugshot provided by Fairfax County Police.

This is your Shotgun World mugshot. Your neighbors need to see who they should be wary of.

Bruce

· Registered
11,126 Posts
SicSemper said:
I just moved down in Hattiesburg and don't know where to start hunting wise. One, because it's a new area and two I've never really been hunting before.

What do I do?
get in touch with your state fish and game,talk to the locals. do your own leg work.

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's not a year-old, and I still have questions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.