Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,224 Posts
Mossberg sold those combo guns with the 2 barrels. We have a large sporting goods store that had them every fall on special for $279-299 before the pandemic. They always came with a cheap little no name scope. That being said, I have seen some really decent accuracy out of them with the right sabots. The Mossbergs have a slower twist rifling in the barrel. Similar to factory Remington barrels and Hastings barrels. They really seemed to do well with Hastings Laser slugs or Rottweil Laser slugs. I do not believe anyone is loading the Laser slugs commercially any longer, but Slugs R Us was selling the wads and slugs for reloading. I do not know if they still are or not. Really an effective slug on deer. I have no recommendations for slug scopes other than Leupold. Good luck.

And the porting is factory Mossberg.

· Registered
2,224 Posts
Yea everything is more expensive than before the pandemic. I did see mossberg offers a similar two barrel combo now with a MSRP of 5-something. So the price compared to pre pandemic is high, but post pandemic, it's not too bad.
Interesting on the porting. I do not think the current ones looked like they had the porting (that I could see in the pictures).
The last one I handled that was matt finish metal, plastic stock, combo pack gun had a ported slug barrel. I did not look at the 28" barrel to know if it is ported. That gun was purchased a few years ago.

· Registered
2,224 Posts
The problem with screw in rifled chokes is getting them out after firing several rounds. They keep tightening after every shot.
Never had that problem in about 30 years with a rifled choke in my slug barrel. I shoot it every year before season to check the scope and I shoot deer with it. When I was a nuisance shooter I would shoot between 30 and 40 deer a year with it for a few years and I never had the rifled choke get overly tight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts