Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
I own a Remington 870 smoothbore and I just bought a Carlson Rifled Choke. I will do slugs test soon, I will post on my results.
Meanwhile, I will put a scope on it, it has a rail and I will put a Bushnell Prime 1x-4x 32mm (leftover after upgrading my deer gun, my lovely Marlin 336 in 30-30).

Bushnell recommend it for shotguns:

I love the eye relief (4") and the FOV at 1x, 105 ft, great for hunting.

I keep you posted when mounted.

Specific webpage for the scope: Buy Prime™ 1-4x32 Riflescope and More | Bushnell

· Registered
4 Posts
I have had one tighten up while hot. I take a quarter or the choke wrench and pinch the quarter/wrench with needle nose pliers for leverage. Works fine. You might consider oiling the threads or using some other product to keep them from seizing.
Sorry to be out of the main subject but you mention putting an anti seizing on the thread of the rifled choke ? Like the one on a muzzleloader breach ? (I use the Loctite 37230 Silver Grade Anti-Seize – 20g Stick)
Since I will test like 8 combos of slugs brands and size, I will do that before installing mine on my 870, thanks for the tip !

· Registered
4 Posts
If your hunting at 20-100 yards I’d recommend looking at a vortex spitfire 3x. I can acquire the target much faster than I can with a scope. I put a p rail on my 500 and mounted it up. No issues so far.
I also have the Vortex Spitfire 1x on my Ruger PC carbine in 9mm. A really great optic, no magnification on mine but very fast aquisition and the optic is like a scope, with a always on reticle and the added bonus of the optional illumination.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts