Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
308 Posts
If your hunting at 20-100 yards I’d recommend looking at a vortex spitfire 3x. I can acquire the target much faster than I can with a scope. I put a p rail on my 500 and mounted it up. No issues so far.

· Registered
308 Posts
The problem with screw in rifled chokes is getting them out after firing several rounds. They keep tightening after every shot.
I have had one tighten up while hot. I take a quarter or the choke wrench and pinch the quarter/wrench with needle nose pliers for leverage. Works fine. You might consider oiling the threads or using some other product to keep them from seizing.

· Registered
308 Posts
Sorry to be out of the main subject but you mention putting an anti seizing on the thread of the rifled choke ? Like the one on a muzzleloader breach ? (I use the Loctite 37230 Silver Grade Anti-Seize – 20g Stick)
Since I will test like 8 combos of slugs brands and size, I will do that before installing mine on my 870, thanks for the tip !
just a thought. I can’t imagine it creating any issues. Especially since you’ve used it in a similar way before.

Those muzzleloader breaches(we call them nipples for some reason) are a pain. I left one sitting for 2-3 years and it got stuck bad. After that I took it off when not in use and put it in a zip lock with an oiled up cloth. Then I lost the thing somewhere in my gun room 🤣

1 - 3 of 3 Posts