Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Well after getting well and truly hooked on clay shooting I've switched my gun. I loved the little 101 but it was 27inches of barrel (supposed to be 28!) and I wanted something more suitable. I've found (at my gun shop) a Miroku MK 38 Sport with 30 inch barrel with fixed chokes. Going to try it out tomorrow, but I loved the larger forearm design and it fits me really nicely.

Any views (although now a bit late for my decision) much appreciated on the Miroku. It apears to have a good reputation and I'm hopeful for my longer range shots on clay that the 30 inch will help!

Cheers
T

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
Which 101 was it? It could very well have had a 27 from the factory. But if you're saying someone whacked off an inch, I sure could see a new gun making a difference. Yep, nothing wrong with the Miroku, if taken care of.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL. Yes, I know, I loved it too, but actually, it wasn't quite right for me. I took it back to the same shop, and he gave me what I paid for it, so I'm happy, so I got the Miroku for not much more, so happy.

After taking some tuition from my cousin, who runs Bisley shooting school over here in the UK, it came clear that I was moving quite quickly and 30 inches was required, so to speak.

So basically after my restoration job of the 101, it did look lovely too, my chap at the gun store took it back. Good customer care if you ask me.

T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.