Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The K 20 w/ the 20g barrels may be the best shotgun I have ever used.(I bought the gun w/ the 28g barrels in place.)

I got the barrels a few weeks ago and got to shoot them for the 1st time on Saturday.

WOW.

The balance is perfect(slightly better than the same gun w/ the 28g barrels in place).The Lt Mod and Mod chokes were vapoizing targets w/ 7/8 oz loads.I have shot the 28g barrels a few times and I find them a little whippy but there is no sensation that the 20g barrels are out of control.I have always really liked a 28g gun and have never really liked a 20 g--til this one.The weight and balance make the difference.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I feel the same way. I have 30 inch barrels. When I first got it I used 7/8 oz loads but I've found the 3/4 ounce loads are even sweeter. I liked mine so much that I bought .410 barrels for it. They look a little goofy with so much space between the barrels but handle very nicely. My only regret was in not buying a higher grade but I may rectify that situation soon.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The barrels on both the 28 and the 20 are 32 inches.

I love shooting 28 g and have never really shot the 20 g well....til this gun.

It's going to make a terrific South America gun.

I had a set of Berettas--686's in 20 and 28g and never shot them well....they were right at 6 lbs and I could not shoot a gun that light.

I had a 20/28 Perazzi and I shot it better....it weighed about 7.25 lbs.I traded it to get the K 20 and ....maybe due to the extra weight(7 lbs 14 oz) I shoot it best.

Too bad that Krieghoff doesn't make a set of lightweight 12g barrels to fit the K 20 sized frame.....dreaming.

·
Registered
626 Posts
sera russell said:
Too bad that Krieghoff doesn't make a set of lightweight 12g barrels to fit the K 20 sized frame.....dreaming.
I like your idea Sera. This would be the ideal gun for sporting with some great dynamics shooting 7/8 or 3/4 oz. loads.
Duk

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spoke to John H and Robert P at Nationals about this....they did not think it was something that could be done b/c the K 20's rec'r was too shallow for 12g barrels...

....would be nice though, w/ low recoil shells.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.