Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,594 Posts
They're part of a regular annual service, 4 total, 2 on each side. But, lots of guys leave the older weak ones in specifically so as not to eject into the next station. FWIW I only have mine replaced about every 3rd annual or so...

The other thing that can cause weak ejection is crud build-up under the ejector itself. Here is an easier DIY, but be careful to guard against the detent ball and spring flying out as you remove the ejectors. Once thoroughly cleaned, I lube the spring and ball with grease which makes replacement easier, and also helps keep them from flying quite as free at the next ejector removal.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I remember when Hal DuPont was active in skeet and he loaded 1 shell for singles. He would open the gun and the shell would fly over his right shoulder and the next shooter would always catch it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You may want to clean your chambers with either a brass brush, 400 grit emery cloth (lightly), or a brake cylinder hone (lightly). This is if your chambers arent chrome plated.
The other option is to try another brand of shell, prefferably one with a brass base.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.