Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum, but have enjoyed reading all of your opinions for quite some time now. Considering a K80 special trap combo;High rib. Shot one at the club last week. Fits well, shoots well. Who shoots them? Who likes them? Who doesn't like them? Looking forward to your opinions.

·
Registered
20,830 Posts
They are a great gun. Harlan Campbell shoots one. I've seen a bunch out at the range. If you shot one an liked it, you won't go wrong to buy one.

If you want to get some different perspectives see if you can handle a Blaser F3, a Perazzi MX-15, a Beretta DT10 and a Caesar Guerini Trap. I would put those guns all in the same vein. There are some here that will take exception to my mentioning the Caesar Guerini in the same sentence with the others, but oh well, I can take it.

All those guns are the same and yet each has its points. I usually find that most will prefer one over the other. If possible, handle them all then decide. If that's not possible, buying the K-80 isn't a bad choice.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've got a K80 Trap Special O/U. I really love this gun. At some point I might have a top single fitted to my gun, but for now, just have the O/U which I use for singles, handicap and doubles. I'll never own another trap gun. After owning more trap guns than I can remember, this is the one that I'll keep and shoot forever. Can't think of a single item that I dislike about the gun. For me, the recoil is very mild, and the ability to adjust the POI with the adjustable rib on the O/U barrel is nice feature. Another nice feature of the K80 O/U barrel is that you can change the POI of the bottom barrel independently from the top barrel by changing the barrel hanger. Lot of adjustability on the K80 guns.

I think you'd be very pleased with a K80 TS Combo.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
The K80 trap special comb is a good set up. Nice gun and the high rib on both barrels and all ajustment are very nice. It all so comes with a price tag.

There are other guns like Preazzi MX2005, Kolar Max TA, Caesar Guerini, Beretta DT-10,
Blaser has a new trap gun comming out.

I shot the K-gun and like it. I also shot the Kolar. Like it better just fit me better. Then I shot the Caesar Guerini and I shot the best right out of the box. So I got the CG comb. So far it was a good choice and I saved a few dollors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I also shot perazzi mz2000. Very nice as well. I do not have the opportunity to shoot any of the others, although I have heard good things about Ceasar G as well. I know the K80 is $$$$$, but I shot it well and it seems to fit me well. I just have to decide if I want to part with the $.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.