Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gettin' to go the real world of Pheasant hunting, Kansas, near Liberal. Never been to KS, much less in winter. What clothing do I need, both under and outer wear? What conditions should I expect? Thanks so much for the help!

· Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's what I wound up with. Gotta say it kept me TOASTY warm and dry, did not even wear a jacket. Suffice it to say that Cabela's and Filson now LOVE me, I get the hard bound catalogs.

Feet: Poly sock liner w/ Cabela's wool hunting socks. Cabela's Kangroo boots w/ Goretex, non insulated.

Underwear: Underarmour cold weather from Cabela's, ordered 1 size larger than I am, glad I did, this stuff really compresses ya.

Lower Outer: Cabela's Legacy Wool Dry plus bibs. Kept me totally warm and dry, very strongly made.

Upper Body: Filson mole skin shirt, you just cannot beat this shirt for warmth and comfort.

Head: Cabela's Blaze stocking cap w/ the blaze ear warmer thingy.

Hands: Cabela's insulated shoting gloves. When I first got'em thought they were gunna be too thick, worked great, load, unload, shoot with no problem.

· Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Scotty B, young Ag, glad you're aboard here. Well, I am tad bit older than you, maybe more than an tad. I am part of truly the 'Last of the Old Army', Company D-2, Class of 70! Still had cross stich and no girls to start, the 'Good Ole Days!'.

I shot my Rizzini EL Uplander in 12 ga w/ straight stock. I used some loads from Cabela's, the Kent, in No. 6 that I loved. If ya do a search on Kent you will find some very favorable recent posts on this load. Had a great time with a limit every day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.