Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
No clay shooting on Kauai, unless you know some one with a launcher, clays and enough land to shoot on. Oahu, Molokai, Lanai, Maui and the Big Island of Hawaii have some kind of clays shooting range.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I went a few years ago. One of the resorts in Princeville offered clay shooting, but I can't find any info on it right now. You can also shoot wild pig and goats in the Waimea Canyon area. I was all for it, but The Boss had more sedate plans, so I trudged along to a flower plantation where she had a ball.
On another note (and island), Maui has clayshooting and upland hunting. A co-worker shot clays, turkey and pheasant there on his trip. Maybe me and the girl can make it out there next time (and I'll be in charge of the itinerary!).

·
Registered
493 Posts
Light Modified said:
Maybe me and the girl can make it out there next time (and I'll be in charge of the itinerary!).
Maybe....but less than likely. Keep the dream alive and good luck with that. My vision sees you back in that same field of flowers, hands full of various boquet for purchase while your mind slips off into clay flying play land filled with trappers in hulla skirts and hand delivered tropical spirits with umbrellas in them. Not to mention one at your side to refill the empty chambers of your freshly fired, shapely O/U. Suddenly you are rudely awakened from this fantasy as you hear the wife's voice requesting you keep up the pace and asks " isn't this the best time you have ever had"? :( Yes, dear. :wink:

·
Registered
2 Posts
i went to kauai and stayed at princeville and i'm 98% sure that you have to be staying there to use their skeet...but i don't remember seeing any skeet shooting, yet it was 6 years ago and princeville is HUGE. have a good time and i hope oyu enjoy the island b/c i'm jealous.

·
Registered
396 Posts
No offense taken from Snakebit. When I plan the itinerary, we do what I want. When "we" plan, it's mostly her show. The next Maui trip WILL include some shotgun time for LM. The problem is, she's a better shot than me when she puts her mind to it . . . and she WILL keep the shapely hula babes at bay!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
I guess I stand corrrected. :oops: It must be private and not advertised much.

The guy that was running the live bird program on Maui is now running one on the Big Island. He also now has a sporting clays set up but it is not open to the public. You may have to book a bird hunt to utilize the range. I do not know if his old operations is still running on Maui. Right now on Maui there are 2 trap ranges, one also throws sporting clays, and one sporting clays w/ 5 stand range.

If you need more information about Maui or Lanai; Start a post of PM me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.