Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
I aquired about a case of Kemen 20ga #9's.
They shot great. To bad I didn't make them look as good :oops:

Do I recall someone saying Rio's are made by the same company??? CRS Kicking in

Randy

·
Registered
12,198 Posts
RWH24 said:
Do I recall someone saying Rio's are made by the same company??? CRS Kicking in
Yep, same shell, I went thru an ordeal with a dealer claiming the RIO was an inferior shell to the Kemen, after cutting both apart and squeeze testing the shot, comparing the components, the dealer agreed it was the same shell. But is sold as a premium shell over the RIO.

Both a product of UEE, UEE primer-Vectan propellant-Baschierri/Pellagri wad, in target loads.

·
Premium Member
19,997 Posts
I've shot several cases of both Kemen and Rio. No problems with either, but as I recall the shot size was a little smaller than what was marked on the shell.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The Kemen's and Clay Cartidge use very similar components. When I compared the Kemen's to Rio's I found the RIO's used a different wad. I would say inferior. However, there are different grades of RIO's shells and the more expensive one do use the same wads as Kemens.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Good shells. I've shot about 10 flats. They seem to pattern tighter than the Rios which are also good. Shooting a skeet choke @ skeet, could not really get the #8, 1oz. @ 1210fps. to open up. IMHO, this is a premium shell up there with STS, AA, and Fiocchi. Paid $37/flat, net. At skeet, just about anything works, but for long-range gunning, you might want to give these a try.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Don't know how many flats are on a pallet but here's some prices.

1 1/8 oz. all speeds - 25-99 flats $37, 100-499 $35, 500+ $33.

1 oz. 1210 & 1280 - 25-99 flats $36, 100-499 $34, 500+ $32

Any quanity over 25 is freight free.

Good prices that's why I'm interested. I've shot Clay Cartridge for 2 - 3 years and really like them. Kemens are made by the same company. The Kemens are $4 - $5 less than the Clays. I've compared the Rios to the Clay Cartridges and they have different components.

You can get more info. from [email protected].

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Bridge, no, purchased 2 five flat orders 2 mos. apart. This is from dist. in Louisiana that comes to Houston once a month.
Would suggest calling Kemen office in Austin for dist. in your state. Don't think you will be disappointed. Shot 4 rounds of skeet this am. with the #8, 1oz. @ 1210fps. with a lot of smoke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts