Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from 3 days of killer (pun intended) Pheasant hunting in Montezuma, KS. Used a product from Cabela's:
Kent Fast Lead w/ Diamond Shot, 2 3/4", 12 gauge, 1 1/4 oz, sz 6, 1330 fps. I had not heard of nor used this before. It worked like the Hammer of Thor on the birds. I like it better than the Golden Pheasant loads I had used previously. Anyone know anything about Kent ammo?

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
They're makers of high quality loads. Their "Diamond Shot" is hard highly polished lead. Their now (nearly defunct) Tungsten Matrix laods were some of the best non tox out there. Unfortunately the price of tungsten has all but killed them. The only things about their loads is they tend to be a bit on the "hot" side.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Kent is a trade name of Gamebore. See: http://www.gamebore.com/

Gamebore is one of the 4 major cartridge companies in the UK. Their Blue Diamond is probably the biggest selling target load in this country and although I'm not personally keen on gordan system shells, many people won't buy anything else.

George Digweed uses Gamebore as do many other top clay shots.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gamebore, WOW! Famous name, and from my results I will sure use them again for these type birds. Probably (truly) could not afford them for SC's. I would cry when I missed and that would be lots of cryin'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.