Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a gunsmith put an adjustable recoil pad on my rem 1100 classic trap and can't make up my mind on the pad itself. I have the choice of the kick ezz straight flat pad or the kick eez slightly curved trap pad. Any thoughts or suggestions. It is a trap gun would the curved model be a better choice? Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I have several Kick-Eez pads I'll give you. I took them off my guns after I discovered how superior the LimbSaver pads are.
PM me and I'll send 'em to you.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have a very flat factroy pad on the Shotgun I call my Singles and Handicap gun, And a Rocker Style, that is a slightly convex curve, Gooey Pad on my doubles gun.

What to use should be what you have shot and find gives you the most consistent mount and best comfort.

If in doubt go to the nearest club and see if you can try/borrow guns with the pad you think you might like, and see how it fits, and feels!

If you like to shoot in light clothing during warn weather, stay away from a heavily ribbed pad, with a coat on during the winter, or a well padded vest these are not bad, but when you try one with light clothing it feels like you are getting eaten alive with every shot!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I like the kick-ezz trap pad. Ihave tried most of them over the years. I worst for me was a Gooey It picked up gras and the paint off the gun rack. Besides if it stood in the rack, it spread out until it was almost flat. :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
Much of it comes down to personal preference and what feels good to you. I replaced the original pad (I think it was a classic Pachmayr trap pad and concave shaped) that came on my Kreghoff with the slightly concave KICK EEZ pad that KICK EEZ calls their Modified Trap Pad and I do like it much better than the original.

My Remington 3200 doubles gun (the gun I shoot the most) has a Remington pad which I believe is a Pachmayr XLT Magnum Ultra Soft Pad trap pad with about the same shape and is quite similar to the KICK EEZ Modified pad, in my opinion.

I happen to like the Pachmayr a little better just because it seems softer and sticks to my shoulder but heck, it may be in my mind and really because I like Remingtons and shooting doubles better. :lol:

I will say that I'm pretty picky when it comes to such things and a pad can make a difference. If you can, it might benefit you try out a variety of different shapes and materials before you spend the money. Talk to some of the guys at your local gun club. You will find most willing to let you mount their gun or even shoot a round.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.