Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
7,714 Posts
I haven't seen the O/U but their sxs is superb! It shows incredible attention to detail and has very good balance and handling. Even the inside of the locks (which are field-removable) are superbly finished.

They haven't been around long enough to have a history so we can't yet tell how well they hold up but the few I know of that are owned by friends seem to be very good in terms of reliability. In fact, I have never heard of a problem.

They are not expensive guns and if they come out with a 12 gauge sxs I will seriously consider it.

Frank

· Registered
7,714 Posts
MGF said:
On the new Kimbers, ....... Re the SxSs, for that kind of money, I'd go with one of the well-regarded Spanish makers, an American classic in shooting shape, or a used English boxlock. Have never seen the O/Us.
Good point - pricewise they are competing with the AyA or a used Arrieta, both guns that have a long and good track record.

I don't know prices on used Kimbers

Frank

· Registered
7,714 Posts
BPGuy said:
If you are looking for a great deal on a custom-made shotgun, and aren't afraid of guns made by Huglu (they do make the SxS shotguns for Kimber, you know - the Kimber O/U's are made in Italy) I'd give De Haan Shotguns a good look. You can get a truly custom, bespoke O/U for starting at $1385! (PS - You can currently get a 5% discount - check out the De Haan Forum on this BBS).
There is nothing wrong, in principle, with guns made by Huglu. They are a job-shop gunmaker and will build shotguns to almost any price-point their clients want.

Kimber has them build guns that Kimber can profitably retail at 5K; DeHaan has them build a gun that he can profitably retail at 1.4K.

Kimber, having a handgun reputation, may be trying to penetrate a market that is quite different from DeHaan's. (unless, of course, the guns are identical in quality and Kimber is just charging an additional 3.6K!!!)

Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.