Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The ONLY down side to owning a KOLAR shotgun is that they never break so there isn't much to talk about on these forums!
the last post about something pertaining to KOLAR was june 17th
lol but true

· Registered
1,894 Posts
Don't let the lack of activity fool you. They are not all perfect. The ejectors on mine got out of time. Never had that happen on any other gun. A buddy's Kolar had to be sent back to have the barrel regulation corrected. They are great guns, overall, to be sure, but they are not all perfect.

· Registered
1,622 Posts
Vette Jockey2 is exactly correct, one thing I leaned after 30+ years fixing cars is this, no machine or tool is perfect and will break eventually. Even the best manufacturer makes a lemon once in a while.

· Registered
822 Posts
Someone send me one for testing and evaluation. If anyone can F one up, I can.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::cool:

· Registered
9 Posts
recently sent my o/u Kolar for a couple small repairs. Gun arrived at Kolar facility on Monday. Got a call from Kolar on Wednesday for my credit card payment and the gun was back at my house Friday afternoon. could not be more pleased with their service and promptness. Good place to do business!!

· Registered
6,520 Posts
Don't let the lack of activity fool you. They are not all perfect. The ejectors on mine got out of time. Never had that happen on any other gun. A buddy's Kolar had to be sent back to have the barrel regulation corrected. They are great guns, overall, to be sure, but they are not all perfect.
In the 11 years I've been shooting mine, I had to replace two ejectors because they broke (luckily subgauge on carrier barrel, so the tube ejectors held the broken piece in) and got out of timing once....due to a piece of shot getting stuck in the forend iron.

Also replaced the bolt once, and had 2 annuals done.

· Registered
250 Posts
maybe that's because many Perazzi owners have a spare trigger and a tool kit?
Shot Perazzi guns since 1985, well north of 250,000 rounds, 8-9x to South America to shoot HV doves, once to shoot birds in South Africa.

Broke exactly 2 main springs, fixed both on the spot, and one firing pin, did require a trip to Coles. Also had mid ribs relayed once by Giacomo. Those were the only two trips to a gunsmith. Yes, I am a fan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts