Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve seen debates as to how many guns Kolar puts out a year. Some say as few as 200 and some say up to 500.
I own two Kolars. One born in Nov 2014 and one born in Dec 2021

There were 1,970 guns produced between serial numbers over 7 years and 1 month. So that’s approximately 280 guns per year.

Anyway just a worthless piece of Kolar trivia that I’ve seen debated over the years.

· Registered
491 Posts
I was told they currently make 400 guns per year by one of their dealers. I have no idea how accurate this information is, but I do think they have steadily increased production over the years, especially recently since they upgraded their tooling. I have a gun produced in early 2022 with a 6XXX serial number. They have been around since 1996, so if you do the math, the average is definitely less than 400/year overall.

· Registered
969 Posts
It’s all published by the ATF, the most current set of numbers are for 2020

· Registered
1,894 Posts
A couple of years ago, I was told by one of the service techs that they produced about 275 per year. We have a few Kolars in our club. Three of us know the manufacture year of our guns and the serial numbers spacing fairly well corroborates the 275 production.

· Registered
826 Posts
When I was at the factory in Racine (been 8-yrs ago now?), Jeff told me that they put out about one gun per day, and that "was in total including all trap guns, sporting clay guns, & skeet guns". I asked, that then is about 365 per year? He said, No. One per day, for every day that they are open for business, which was more in the neighborhood of 250. I can see how it would vary year to year, but absolutely believe Wakeman's count in #4 above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.