Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Switched to shooting skeet (12-410) with a Kolar in Oct 2021. What do you use for cleaning of trigger group. What product for cleaning and lube, and where and How are you placing the lube.

· Registered
489 Posts
As per Kolar's instructions in the manual: "Spray the trigger assembly with a light gun oil. Let the oil stand on the trigger group for about 15 minutes. Spray it again to wash off the components and shake off the excess lubricant. Excessive use of lubricant can cause serious functioning problems."

I'm using Amsoil gun oil spray lubricant or Rem oil for the above. I'm also using a Q-tip to clean in the hard to reach recesses, before the final spray.

I have found that the trigger group does not get very dirty. I pulled mine out after 2500 rounds, and there wasn't much to clean.

· Registered
77 Posts
It's still hard to beat Starrett M1. I've been using it on mine for almost 20 years. Spray it full until it drips, shake it over the trash can, let it sit for a few minutes or more and blow off the excess. Then I give it a wipe off with a paper towel and it's good to go. It's a very thin oil that dries a nd leaves a thin film. Used on micrometers etc. for years.

· Registered
59 Posts

Tri-Flow was recommended to me by one of the gunsmiths at Kolar. You can buy Tri-Flow at Ace hardware and do not have to special order it. Then use some canned air to blow off the excess. Works great.

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.