Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at what serial number does a k-32 become post 1960 or pre 1960? thanks.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks. reason i ask is a local shop has a 97% 28ga standard grade k32 skeet 28" bbls vr. asking 1999.00. just trying to figure out why so cheap. first thing came to mind was pre 60 gun.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Well, Bobski, why don't you tell us what the serial number is and someone will probably tell you whether it is a good number or a bad number? The month and year of manufacture is usually stamped on the barrel flats in early guns. Only problem is that your 28 gauge barrels are probably not original to the gun, regardless of whether or not the serial number stamped on them matches the receiver.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bbls are original to the gun . marked kreighoff k-32 skeet. im 1500 miles from the gun . i dont know the serial numbers. owner had all 4 guns in different ga's. 12 and 28 are left. 410 and 20 sold.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
A single barrel set, dedicated skeet K-32 is a rare bird. My wife has a dedicated .410, field choked, one of only two I've ever seen. I hope you're answering an ad for a whole gun. Several times, people have become interested in K-32 smallbores that were underpriced and found that it was just the barrels that were being offered. Matter of fact, it has happened right here on this forum. Barrels or gun?? Most of my local gun shops are less than 1500 miles from me.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
are you saying that this gun may be a 4 bbl set missing the 12/20/ and 410 bbls?
blue book shows k32's being offered in all ga's individually.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
They were offered that way (single barrel set small gauge) but they are very scarce. Hal Dupont may be able to tell you the configuration of the gun as it was shipped. The $1999 price is very low if it is a fairly unmolested gun. If it is neglected or abused, is an extremely early gun, or has any major problems, it is not a bargain.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
all i remember is that it isnt 100 org.. the pad is a deaccelerator. rare to find a k32 not cut and fit to someone personally but the lop was 14 3/4". it may have been just added uncut. no ugly dings and tight lock up.

im going to go look at it soon. can you post a pic showing the difference between a high and low rib on a 28ga k32?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts