Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father just gave me a lanber 2087 for my birthday. Havnt had a chance to get out with it yet do to some unexpected surgery but now I am giving the gun the once over. One thing I have noticed is that the top lever does not sit parallel with the stock when the action is closed. It is canted a little to the rignt. I called CDNN investments where my dad got the gun and they said that is the design. It makes it easier to open the gun. Just wondering if that is indeed true. Seems like a good idea but just dosnt look right when the action is closed.Thanks for any helpMike

·
Registered
16 Posts
MIKE, The guy at CDNN doesn't know what he is talking about. On a new gun you better hope the lever is not straight. Did you notice how your gun looks up?? There is a wedge in the bottom of the receiver that looks up in a notch in the bottom of the barrels. If they are fit up right at the factory the wedge will bottom out before the top lever gets to center. Some day after you shoot 1000s of rds. the lever will srart to go to center. You will see some guys with high dollar guns hold the lever to the right until the gun is shut and then they will ease the lever shut to help hold down on the wear. You don't have to go that far, but on the other hand you don't have to slam it shut eather. Keep it well lubed with some moly paste or good gun grease on the hinge pins and were the front end iron rubs on the receiver and it will last you a life time. Injoy your new gun and don't ever trade it off. If you grow out of the Lanber just keep it and buy what it is you think you need so that some day when your Dad is passed away you can get it out and look at it and have some fond memorys. God Bless

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David, thanks for the info. Im hoping to start getting some rounds through it soon. Im sure this will be a gun that I keep to hand down to my sons. The other gun I have rec'd from my dad is an old 16ga JC Higgens pump. It was my grand dads who then gave it to my dad who then gave it to me. No monetary value but lots of personel value. Have already decided it will go to my eldest son when he is old enough.Mike

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would be interested to know how you like the Lanber. It seems like a lot of gun for the money. I have heard a lot of good things said about this gun and am considering buying one. Anyone else have experience with this gun?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Matt, I own a Mo. 2097 and a 2098. Use themfor clays games. Based on their appearanceand performance I believe they are the bestvalue and best kept secret in the world ofentry level shotguns. Because of seeing myguns seven business associates and friendshave purchased Model 2087's, every oneof them is thrilled with their gun. Understandthese are machine made and not hand madeguns, but the quality is excellent. I've hadpeople who collect very exspensive shotgunssay the wood on my 2098 was worth the priceI paid for the gun. If you haven't been therethe website for Lanber gives lots of info onmanufacturing process and features. www.Lanber.net. a Lanber fan until I win the lottery, andwe all know when that's going to happen...........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the info Henry. What are the differences between the 2087 and the 2097? Is it just better wood? Can you get extended choke tubes from Lanber?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Matt, The 2087 is the top of the line field gun. It comeswith 5 Lanberchokes and a tool, these are not extendedchokes. The main differences between it and the 2097are better wood with different stock dimensions, a clays(radiused heel) recoil pad, white front target sight instead of a gold bead, different engraving and a goldplated trigger. Also, the 2097 is available with 30" barrels, the 2087 is not. The 2097 is the third from the top of the line Sporting Clays gun price wise. It also comes with the 5 choke Lanber system. I don't know ofany available extended chokes for these guns.Hope this helps.

G

·
I recently bought a 2087 from CDNN. I am extremely please with the gun for the price. It's feature loaded and shoots very well. I've had about 400-500 rounds through it at the sporting clays course and I am looking forward to bird season this fall. Piece of advise.....start the gun out with a good gun lube on the pins and at the slip joint where the fore-end meets the receiver.

I would not hesitate to purchase another or recommend a Lanber to the bargin shooter ever!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I plan on going to a gun show this weekend in Houston,Texas and getting me a 2082. I like the silver looking reciever. You can pick one up here for $595 brand new.I plan on getting one in twelve gauge. sj :D :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Figured I'd revive an old topic instead of starting a new one...

I'm curious: Has anyone ever needed to get a Lanber repaired, get parts, or accessories for one? I'm interested in these guns, but one thing I've found with previous firearm purchases is that it can pay to stick with the big names, if you want aftermarket availability.

-- Sam

G

·
Sam, Everthing I've seen and read indicates Lanbers
rarely need service or repair. Supposedly Batchelders
in Grand Rapids Mi. is a repair station. Don't know
anything about them. Accessories and cases are
availible from ITC Int. in Ga. They are a direct importer
of Lanbers. I've bought two cases from them and
received great service. Because of the low cost of
the Lanbers I bought a Mo. 2097 as a backup to my
Mo. 2098, but as of yet have had no need for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts