Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have used my 2087 to hunt dove for 2 weekends. The bluing has already come off of part of the trigger guard and the metal plate on the back of the forend. The bluing on the barrels is still completely intact. The only reason I can think of for this happening, on my part anyways, is the bug repellent (deet) I was using to keep from getting eaten alive by mosquitos is responsible. Can anyone confirm this? Or am I just lucky enough to have gotten a Lanber where the bluing process may have gone awry?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips .... and do you think it would be cheaper to ship to spain for waranty repair or just pay a local gunsmith to reblue these parts?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Whatever you do, I would not do it after just two hunts. You may find out with several more uses that the problem is more extensive that it would appear at this point. Maybe not.

I would at least get thru the fall hunting season with it to determine how extensive the problem may be--possibly in other areas.

Sure would hate to have to ship a gun to Spain for cosmetic repairs--may never see it again. No slam on Lanber--it goes thru a lot of hands between here and Spain and back. However, once the extent of the problem is determined, I would certainly talk to their US service repair folks about it.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts