Shotgun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a Lanber model 85 O/U or EAA IZH 27 O/U. I realize that there are better shotguns out there, but I am dealing with a tight budget. I am looking for opinions about which would be the better buy based on quality, ease of use and durability and not someones political views. I will be shooting clays and a few dove. No competition shooter here.
Thanks

·
Registered
893 Posts
I have a Baikal, and have shot a buddy's Lanber O/U at some length. While they are both inexpensive, basic and competent guns, and either would be a good choice, I feel that the Lanber has the edge on the Baikal in fit & finish.

G

·
Lanber out sells all other guns in the UK for a reason, thet are a great gun for the money. The IZH-27 is a work horse of a gun but kind of crude compared to a Lanber. The only problem with the model 85 is that it is a fixed choke gun. If you are going to shoot clays you might like to have chokes. You could spend just a little more and get the model 2097. No matter what kind of gun you get make sure you keep the hinge pins and the forend iron where it rubs on the receiver well lubed with some good gun grease. Have fun.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I suggest you hold both guns and see what you like better. One might swing better for you, you may hate the bead on one, the stock may be at a strange angle for you on one. If the gun is not comfortable to shoot, nothing else will matter since you will either miss a lot or you will be too sore to shoot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spoke with CDNN today and ordered the Lanber 2087 with 30" barrels. Their stock is running low and about to increase in price. Thanks for your input guys. I will let you know if I am a satisfied customer next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.